The UNP family continues to grow, whether it’s with new authors, new editors, new Friends of the Press members*, or, in this case, a new imprint. We’re pleased to welcome The Backwaters Press, a distinguished local poetry publisher, under our tent. Along with its exceptional backlist, UNP is thrilled to continue to publish the winners of The Backwaters Press poetry contest. For more information about this and other happenings at UNP, see inside the Fall 2019 issue of our newsletter, i.e.
Featured in this issue:
- Enjoy an Author Q&A with Lise Funderburg, editor of the critically acclaimed Apple, Tree: Writers on Their Parents.
- Timothy Hillegonds ponders the question “Why I Write.” Hillegonds’s new book, The Distance Between: A Memoir, tells a harrowing and heartfelt tale of a life gone wrong and then redeemed.
- Welcome The Backwaters Press to our family of imprints.
- Meet Press Advisory Board member Tom Gannon.
- Hear from Director Donna Shear about UNP’s entry into the world of audiobooks.