Our bestselling books published in 2015
Departmental Highlights and News
- Alisa Plant, former acquisitions editor for Louisiana State University Press, was hired as new editor in chief.
- Tom Swanson was appointed as Potomac Books acquisitions editor.
- Marketing Manager Martyn Beeny was named as chair of AAUP marketing committee.
- UNP celebrated hitting seven million dollars in sales.
- Several new series launched including Polar Studies and New Visions in Native American and Indigenous Studies, published in association with the American Philosophical Society.
- For the first time, the spring/summer 2016 catalog included all of our imprints: Potomac Books, Jewish Publication Society, and Bison Books.
- UNP attended new events including Heartland Fall Forum, Association of Jewish Libraries, United Synagogues of Conservative Judaism, American Society for Environmental History, and BookCon at BEA.
- Joel Puchalla was promoted to Journals Project Supervisor.
- J:MaPs (Journals: Management and Publishing Solutions) now handles the production of Nebraska Extension’s, part of the University of Nebraska—Lincoln’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, new and revised publications ranging from short guides to the 300-page annual Guide to Weed Management in Nebraska, for both print and electronic distribution.
- More journals including: Gettysburg Magazine, Journal of Black Sexuality and Relationships, Middle West Review, and Resilience, are now hosted on Project MUSE.
- Nathan Putens designed the catalog for the 50th anniversary AAUP Book, Jacket, and Journal Show.
- John Klopping was hired as the marketing designer.